If there is anything I love most on the dinner table, it will be none other than a bowl of piping hot soup. After scrolling through my tons of food photo, I have decided to share this favourite soup as my 1st entry especially after seeing so many of my friends on facebook being a new mum, I hope this lactating soup will help them to produce more food for their new borns. Well for people without new babies or what so ever, this soup can also be drank because it nourishes the yin and benefits the kidney. 🙂 So… drink to your hearts contents. 🙂
- 500g Unripe Papaya (de-seed cut into cubes)
- 1 Carrot (peel & cut into cubes)
- 250g Pork Ribs (blanched in hot water)
- 1tsp Sweet Almonds
- 1 Dried Fig
- 1 handful of Red Dates
- 2.5L Water
Method (with step-by-step photos)
- Skin and de-seed the papaya, cut into cubes. Cut the carrot into cubes
- Blanced the pork ribs in hot water (this is to remove the blood from the bones), then rinse under running tap to stop the meat from cooking.
- Put the meat into the 2.5L of water and bring to a boil. Remove any scum with the ladle
- Put in all the other remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, lower fire to small, cover and simmer for 1.5 hour to 2 hours.
The natural sweetness of this soup needs little seasoning. However if you must, season it with a little salt and then drink to your hearts content. 🙂
Did I mention that cooking this soup brings me lots of happiness because I just love cutting the cross-section of the papaya where a STAR is revealed? Its just so sweet and pretty.